From the Cheatham County School District:
The safety of our students and staff is a top priority, and the Cheatham County School District continues to take steps to ensure that our schools are safe learning environments.
Starting with the 2023-2024 school year, all middle and high school students will be required to put all backpacks, lunch boxes and sports bags into their locker each morning, and these bags will not be carried from room to room throughout the day.
Students will need to pay to rent a lock. Students who qualify for free and reduced meals will not need to pay. Our schools will work with students to ensure that they have a locker plan.
Thank you for your support as we implement this additional safety measure in our middle and high schools.
What this means at Cheatham Middle School:
- CMS students have always been required to place their backpacks, lunch boxes, purses, etc. in their lockers.
- Bags/Equipment for extracurricular activities that cannot fit in student lockers, can be placed in designated locker rooms or classrooms.
- Students will have time between classes to gather what is needed for each class or lunch.
- Lockers are located in the student's grade level hallway and is easily accessible for the students.
- Locks/Lockers for Rent: at CMS we do not charge students to purchase a lock or locker.
- Students are assigned a locker at the beginning of the year by their homeroom teacher.
- It is the responsibility of the students/guardians to provide a lock, if they choose to do so.
- If a lock is provided by the student/guardian the combination or an extra key will need to be given to the student's homeroom teacher.
- If you have any questions please reach out to Mrs. Owen at [email protected].